By Gregor Maehle
During this much-anticipated follow-up to his first ebook, Ashtanga Yoga: perform and Philosophy, Gregor Maehle deals a close and multifaceted consultant to Ashtanga Yoga’s Intermediate sequence. a professional yogi and instructor, Maehle will consultant you in your subsequent point with an extraordinary intensity of anatomical clarification and unprecedented consciousness to the practice’s philosophical and mythological background. you are going to learn:* The historical past and purposes of every of the 3 types of yoga: Karma, Bhakti, and Jnana
* how you can use Indian delusion and cosmology to deepen your practice
* the significance of the Sanskrit language to the yogic tradition
* The mythology at the back of the names of the Intermediate sequence postures
* The services and boundaries of physique elements essential to the Intermediate sequence, together with the backbone, the sacroiliac joint, the shoulder joint, and the hip joint
* how one can obtain the complete merits of practising the Intermediate SeriesMaehle meticulously explores all twenty-seven postures of the Intermediate sequence via photographs, anatomical line drawings, and functional, informative sidebars. He additionally discusses the philosophical and religious historical past of Ashtanga Yoga and locations the perform in the context of Indian cultural background. With passionate erudition, Maehle will arrange you to harvest actual, non secular, and psychological success out of your evolving perform.
Read Online or Download Ashtanga Yoga - The Intermediate Series: Mythology, Anatomy, and Practice PDF
Best yoga books
From an established yoga instructor, this hugely visible, widely informative source provides severe yoga practitioners a wide-ranging framework that would increase their practice.
As any yoga scholar or instructor is aware, there's extra to yoga than Downward puppy. Meta Chaya Hirschl's immersive consultant deals an entire imaginative and prescient of yoga, from its old and non secular roots to trendy perform. no matter if you're a beginner yogi or an skilled teacher, very important Yoga can assist you unencumber yoga's complete potential—and your own.
Focusing at the conventional 8 limbs of yoga, Hirschl covers a variety of crucial issues in 3 sections: earlier than the Mat, at the Mat, and Into the area. In prior to the Mat, you'll know about the historical past and philosophy of yoga, with clean insights into:
• primary texts just like the Bhagavad Gita
• The position of vibration in yogic practice
• Mantras for every thing from wellbeing and fitness to task hunting
In at the Mat, you'll locate sensible directions for each element of yoga, including:
• respiring consciously to steer your important energies
• Meditating to grasp and heighten your senses
• Posing with purpose, energy, and balance
And ultimately, you'll move Into the realm. For Hirschl, the real merits of yoga come now not from ideal poses, yet from utilizing yoga on a daily basis to aid your self and others—so she covers how one can enhance your self belief, well-being, or even your intercourse existence with yoga, and the way you could educate others to do the same.
Throughout, important Yoga invitations you to delve into the center of yoga with derivations of Sanskrit phrases, "stealth" yoga practices you are able to do wherever, knowledge from the good sages, and bills by means of modern yogis. Its objective is that can assist you hook up with your internal self, go beyond worry and attachment to the stresses of lifestyles, and attain bliss—and whilst you've accomplished it, you'll have the capacity to percentage it.
Extend your Thai yoga therapeutic massage perform with complicated postures and effort paintings to regard rigidity, again ache, complications, and several universal stipulations
• comprises step by step photos for greater than 50 complicated Thai yoga therapeutic massage postures
• Illustrates in complete colour the destinations of the sen strains and explains their particular healing traits and connections to ayurveda and the five kosha our bodies
• information profitable remedies for eight universal diseases with customized 60-minute Thai yoga therapeutic massage posture flows in addition to ayurvedic and yoga strategies for endured therapeutic and prevention at domestic
In the original therapeutic method of Thai yoga massage--based on yoga, ayurveda, and the martial arts--the practitioner makes use of his or her personal palms, ft, fingers, and legs to softly consultant the recipient via a sequence of yoga postures whereas palming and thumbing alongside the body’s power pathways and strain issues, recognized within the Thai culture as sen traces and in ayurveda as marma issues.
Providing how to extend one’s Thai yoga therapeutic massage perform, this e-book comprises step by step pictures and directions for greater than 50 complicated Thai yoga postures in addition to profitable treatment options for eight universal diseases: pressure, again discomfort, stiff neck and shoulders, arm and hand exhaustion, complications, constipation, fibromyalgia, and anxiety/depression. every one remedy plan bargains a personalized one-hour Thai yoga therapeutic massage posture circulation particular to that disorder besides ayurvedic and yoga techniques for persevered therapeutic and prevention after the therapeutic massage consultation. This finished advisor additionally illustrates the precise position of the sen strains and marma issues, detailing their healing symptoms and connections to ayurveda and the 5 kosha our bodies, in addition to explaining find out how to include them into periods for deeper therapeutic.
This ebook is for an individual attracted to overall healthiness, health, or the therapeutic arts. It teaches you the fundamentals of stretching, respiring, and meditation, with routines designed that will help you chill out, develop into extra versatile, extra effective, and extra self-satisfied.
Jap; healthiness & health; Non-Fiction; Philosophy; Tantrism; Yoga
- The Six Yogas of Naropa: Tsongkhapa's Commentary Entitled A Book of Three Inspirations: A Treatise on the Stages of Training in the Profound Path of Naro's Six Dharmas
- The Yoga of the Nine Emotions: The Tantric Practice of Rasa Sadhana
- Path of Fire and Light (Vol 2): A Practical Companion to Volume One (Volume 1)
- Tales from the Yoga Studio: A Novel
- A Chair in the Air
- Kundalini Tantra
Extra info for Ashtanga Yoga - The Intermediate Series: Mythology, Anatomy, and Practice
The term yoga is a common word in the Sanskrit language—the language in which most of the Yoga scriptures are written. ” The male practitioner of Yoga is known as a yogin (or yogi in the nominative case) and the female practitioner as a yogini. Frequent synonyms are yoga-vid (“knower of Yoga”) and yukta (“yoked one”). Sometimes the word yoga-yuj (“one who is yoked in Yoga”) is used. A master of Yoga may be referred to as a yoga-raj (“king of Yoga”) or yogendra (from yoga and indra, meaning “lord”).
Yoga grows through Yoga. He who is attentive toward Yoga long delights in Yoga. 6) Many centuries earlier, the Mahabharata epic expressed the same idea in these words: He who does not know the meaning of a book carries only a burden; but he who knows the reality behind a book’s meaning, for him the teaching of that book is not in vain. 25) The Yoga tradition has a large and diversified literature to which Western Yoga enthusiasts have added a huge volume of books. So long as the knowledge communicated in those books is not translated into practical experience, it remains barren.
This is indeed the great message of all forms of Yoga: Happiness is our essential nature, and our perpetual quest for happiness is fulfilled only when we realize who we truly are. This realization is an awakening to our Selfhood, which transcends the body-mind, the ego-personality, and the horizon of the world reflected in our ordinary experience. All this, and more, is captured in the word yoga. The term yoga is a common word in the Sanskrit language—the language in which most of the Yoga scriptures are written.